Located in Santa Rosa, California in the heart of Sonoma Valley wine country, Kendall-Jackson winery produces a variety of award winning wines. Whether you are looking for an everyday red or something extravagant, this winery is sure to have something to match your taste.
Award Winning Kendall-Jackson Wines
Founded by Jess Jackson, Kendall-Jackson (K-J) winery has been family-owned and operated since the early 1970s. This winery produces a variety of wines on its estate vineyards that are all made with the high standards set first by Jess Jackson. In 2011, Wine And Spirits magazine named K-J as a Top 100 Winery Of The Year. You can expect to find wines such as:
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Red Blends
You can visit K-J's online wine-shop or browse the selection of wines available at your local wine store. Wines purchased online can be shipped or picked up at the winery.
The following collections, which include wines that have received acclaim, are currently available:
Made from the finest, hand-picked grapes and crafted with artistry, this collection is the premium offered by the winery. Stature Red is priced at $125 is in limited quantities. It is a blend crafted from the five classic Bordeaux varietals:
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cabernet Franc
- Petit Verdot
This collection is made from a specific single vineyard. It is designed to represent the entire vineyard including the foil, climate, and site. These components make up the wines' distinct traits. The wine from this collection features labels with pictures that represent the estate from where it was sourced.
Some wines in this collection include:
- 2006 Highland Estates Napa Mountain Merlot: Priced at $60, this wine is deep purple in color and features notes of blackberry jam and black currants.
- 2007 Highland Estates Seco Highlands Pinot Noir: Priced at $35, this wine has a hint of smoke as well as oak, and features notes of black and bing cherries.
- 2006 Highland Estates Alisos Hills Syrah: Priced at $37, this full bodied wine has notes of blackberry and cola.
Jackson Hills features some of the best known and highly acclaimed wines from the winery. This collection has intense flavors and unique traits that are distinctive to Kendall Jackson. The 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon is priced at $40 and has hints of espresso and dark cacao as well as cassis.
Grand Reserve wines focus and feature grapes from one or two appellations. This collection represents elegance. Wines from Grand Reserve include:
- 2009 Grand Reserve Pinot Sauvignon Blanc: This wine features hints of juniper as well as guava, fig, pineapple, and grapefruit. It is priced at $20.
- 2010 Grand Reserve Pinot Chardonnay: This creamy wine features hint of lemon oil, key lime, and yellow grapefruit, along with notes of mango and pineapple and mango. It was given 92 points and named an Editor's Choice by Steve Heimoff, Wine Enthusiast in July 2012 It is priced at $22.
- 2009 Grand Reserve Pinot Gris: This wine has a mineral background and features notes of lemon and grapefruit as well as spice and flowers. It was awarded Four Stars of Excellence by Ronn Wiegand, Restaurant Wine, in October of 2010. It is priced at $20.
Vintner's Reserve uses grapes that are hand-selected from the vineyard estates. This collection pays close attention to detail and uses bright, fruity flavors in all its wines. There are many award winning wines from this collection, like the 2010 Reserve Riesling that was named Best of Class in the 2012 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, and the 2010 Reserve Pinot Noir that received the Gold Medal in the same competition. Some additional favorites from Vintner's Reserve are:
- 2011 Vintner's Reserve Muscat Canelli: This wine is priced at $13 and features citrus flavors combined with notes of peach blossom, pear, and spice.
- 2010 Vintner's Reserve Sauvignon Blanc: This wine is priced at $13 and has hints of melon, pear, and lemongrass, along with lime and fig.
- 2010 Vintner's Reserve Summation: This creamy wine is priced at $15 and has flavors of honeydew, apricot, pink grapefruit, and white pepper.
Avant features a unique version of Chardonnay. It features a subtle oak flavor and is well-balanced to be served with a variety of foods. The name of this collection reflects the method in which the wine is produced before oak aging has taken place and integrated into the wine's flavor.
The 2010 K-J Avant Chardonnay is priced at $15 and is fresh, clean and crisp.
If you want to give a gift or try out some different wines, consider a sampler pack. The Taste of Kendall-Jackson, priced at $35, includes six bottles of wine including:
- 2009 K-J Avant
- 2009 Grand Reserve Chardonnay
- 2008 Jackson Hills Chardonnay
- 2007 Hawkeye Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2007 Trace Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2007 Napa Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
Schedule a Visit
You can visit the K-J Wine Center at 5007 Fulton Road in Fulton, California or call 866-287-9818 to schedule a visit. While at the Center, you can meet award-winning chefs, explore the sensory gardens, and enjoy a mix of wines paired with food. The Center is open daily from 10 am to 5 pm.
In addition, you can visit the Tasting Room at 337 Healdsburg Avenue in Healdsburg, California. Times are daily from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm daily. To find out more about tastings, call 707-433-7102. Tastings start at just $5 a person.
Join The Club
You can join the wine club and become a member to take advantage of member discounts and specials. There are two wine club options:
- Classic: Enjoy simple varieties from collections such as Jackson Hills, Grand Reserve, and Vintner's Reserve. You will get two releases each month.
- Estates: Receive two reserve, limited production wines each month from collections such as Highland Estates and Stature.
Both clubs give you the choice of choosing between all reds or mixed wines. Members will receive benefits such as:
- 20% off all wine purchase
- Seasonal wine discounts
- Invites to member only events such as educational seminars, tastings, and festivals
Enjoy A Variety of Wines
Kendall-Jackson offers a variety of wines in a range of prices and flavors. No matter if you are a novice wine drinker or a wine connoisseur, there is sure to be a wine to match your tastes.