You can find wine gift baskets at discounted prices making it possible to keep your budget on track, especially during the holiday season. These types of gift baskets are perfect for last-minute housewarming parties, as a special thank-you, or as a gift for a host or hostess.
Shopping for Wine Gift Baskets
Inexpensive wine baskets don't have to scream "cheap." You can find a nice selection of wine gift baskets online from various retailers. The following sites sell beautiful wine gift baskets at great prices that will impress the recipient and save you money.
Total Wine & More
Total Wine & More is a one-stop shop for all your wine and spirits needs at their online and brick and mortar locations. This includes affordable wine baskets to give as gifts. The shop has a few affordable wine gift baskets, with options that cost less than $60 for a well-stocked basket.
- The Taste of Italy gift basket costs just $60, and it's filled with all kinds of Italian wine-related goodies including a bottle of Chianti Classico, a bottle of Prosecco, and a bottle of Pinot Grigio.
- For around $45, the Mascota gift basket features red wines from Argentina along with some complementary snacks.
Wine Country Gift Baskets
Wine Country Gift Baskets offers an array of baskets with products from California wine country. Some affordably priced gift baskets include:
- Rock Falls Vineyard Cabernet: For $35, this basket features Rock Falls Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon and an assortment of goodies.
- Briar Creek Cellars Double Delight: This is a $50 gift basket that features a red and a white from Briar Creek Cellars along with goodies like hummus, chocolates, and cookies.
Hickory Farms is well known for its affordable culinary gift sets and baskets, so it's a good place to find a wine gift basket for under $60. For example, the wine and savory snack collection features crackers, cheese, and salami paired with a California Cabernet Sauvignon for around $50.
Harry & David
Harry & David features gourmet gift baskets filled with fresh fruit, chocolates, and wine. Some reasonably priced options include:
- Sweets lovers will appreciate the dessert wine and chocolate cake gift basket. For around $50, the basket contains a bottle of dessert wine, a full decadent chocolate cake, and a jar of preserves.
- For your sweetheart, send the Valentines Day wine gift box, featuring Merlot and assorted Valentines Day sweets for about $50.
WineExpress has a few gift baskets under $50. For instance, try the California Delicious Chardonnay Classic Wine & Cheese Gift. You'll only spend $40 on this affordable basket, which contains cheese, crackers, cookies, and a California Chardonnay.
Make Your Own Wine Gift Basket
If you can't find the right basket for your needs, consider making your own. The following tips can help you create the perfect wine gift basket:
- Look for unique wines at local wineries or specialty wine shops. Try to find something that the recipient may not purchase for themselves, but make sure it is a variety that you know that they drink. Local wineries often feature their wines at discounted prices, making it possible to get a great wine at a low price.
- You can use baskets or other interesting containers to hold your wine and gifts. You can find these at Wal-Mart, Michael's, or even at a dollar store. Be sure to purchase tissue paper, padding for heavy items, ribbon, and cellophane bags to complete the wine basket.
- For food themed baskets, shop at local or internet gourmet shops for interesting items not easily found at your local grocery store. Chocolate and cheese are popular items that pair well with a variety of wines and won't cost a fortune. Some other items to include are crackers, fresh fruit, and hard candy.
- For a holiday basket, consider adding novelty items such as candy canes or Valentine's candy. These items do not cost a lot, but will add a special touch to your basket. You can even find ribbon that ties into the holiday theme to tie onto your gift basket.
Carrying the items to the recipient is one of the best ways to ensure that it is delivered on time. However, if you are going to ship the basket, it is best to be sure of the laws regarding shipping wine. Some states prohibit shipping wines to other states. Internet wine merchants will advise you of any potential problems, as will your local post office.