You can find a wide variety of wine gift baskets at discounted prices making it possible to keep your budget on track, especially during the holiday season. These types of gift baskets are perfect for last-minute housewarming parties, as a special thank-you or as a gift for a host or hostess.
Shopping for Wine Gift Baskets
Inexpensive wine baskets don't have to scream "cheap." You can find a nice selection of wine gift baskets online at a variety of sites. The following sites sell beautiful wine gift baskets at great prices that will impress the recipient and save you money.
WineBasket.com has a great selection of wine baskets starting at around $50. Some baskets to check out include:
- White Wine Duo Gift Basket: At around $50, this basket contains a bottle of Moscato and a bottle of Pinot Grigio along with cookies and cashews.
- Prosecco and Pears Gift Box: Costing about $70, this box contains Prosecco, pears, cheese, toast, and almonds.
GiftTree has an assortment of gifts, including wine gifts and an entire section of wine gift baskets. Wine baskets start at around $50 and include:
- The 5th Avenue Wine Gift Basket: This gift basket costs $100, but it contains a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, a bottle of Zinfandel, smoked salmon, luxury chocolates, and more.
- California Classic Wine Basket: For $50, this wine basket contains a California red and white wine, candies, nuts, and cookies.
Wine Country Gift Baskets
- Briar Creek Cellars Cabernet: For $35, this basket features Briar Creek Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon and an assortment of goodies.
- Little Lake Cellars Double Delight: This is a $50 gift basket that features a red and a white from Little Lake Cellars along with goodies like hummus, chocolates, and cookies.
Wine.com features an assortment of wine gifts at discounted prices. Some to check out include:
Raymond R Cabernet Sauvignon & Cheese Gift Basket: For $40, this basket includes Cabernet Sauvignon, Swiss cheese, crackers, olives, and a few other goodies.
90-Point Parducci Chardonnay & Tempting Treats Gift Basket: This $50 basket offers a highly rated Chardonnay, Brie cheese, crackers, and chocolates.
Harry & David
Harry & David feature gourmet gift baskets filled with fresh fruit, chocolates and wine. Some reasonably priced options include:
- Thank You White Wine Gift Box: Say thank you with this $45 gift basket that includes Chardonnay, almonds, and fruit and nut mix.
- Festive Gift Basket with Wine: For $70, this basket contains Pinot Noir, popcorn, and chocolates.
WineExpress has a few gift baskets under $50.
- California Delicious Chardonnay Classic Wine & Cheese Gift: You'll only spend $40 on this affordable basket, which contains cheese, crackers, cookies, and Chardonnay.
A Taste Of California Mini Gourmet Tote With Red Wine: Cheese, crackers, and California Pinot Noir make a lovely gift that only costs $40.
Make Your Own Wine Gift Basket
If you can't find the right basket for your needs, consider making your own. The following tips can help you create the perfect wine gift basket:
- Look for unique wines at local wineries or specialty wine shops. Try to find something that the recipient may not purchase for themselves but make sure it is a variety that you know that they drink. Local wineries often feature their wines at discounted prices making it possible to get a great wine at a low price.
- You can use baskets or other interesting containers to hold your wine and gifts. You can find these at Wal-Mart, Michael's, or even at a dollar store. Be sure to purchase tissue paper, padding for heavy items, ribbon and cellophane bags to complete the wine basket.
- For food themed baskets, shop at local or Internet gourmet shops for interesting items not easily found at your local grocery store. Chocolate and cheese are popular items that pair well with a variety of wines and won't cost a fortune. Some other items to include are crackers, fresh fruit, and hard candy.
- For a holiday basket, consider adding novelty items such as candy canes or Valentine's candy. These items do not cost a lot, but will add a special touch to your basket. You can even find ribbon that ties into the holiday theme to tie onto your gift basket.
Carrying the items to the recipient is one of the best ways to ensure that it is delivered on time. However, if you are going to ship the basket, it is best to be sure of the laws regarding shipping wine. Some states prohibit shipping wines to other states. Internet wine merchants will advise you of any potential problems, as will your local post office.