Article Highlight: 10 Best Finger Lakes Wineries Worth Visiting (With Map)
Visiting a winery or vineyard and tasting wines from across the globe are ways to expand your palate with your love of vino. LoveToKnow Wineries Around the World can help you find the right place to visit and wine to taste test.
Vineyards and Wineries Worldwide
While California and many European countries may be known for their wines, plenty of other renowned wines come from vineyards and wineries around the world. Not all wineries and vineyards offer tours, though, so check with the one you want to visit before you book your trip. Even if you can't visit, however, you can still try wines from around the world. Just a few places to find favorites include:
Although Canada may not be as well-known for exporting wines, they still bring several famous brands to the table. For example, Erie Shore Winery and Burrowing Owl Estate Winery are two that may not have been on your radar.
Santa Margherita in Italy is not only a picturesque vineyard, it also has a wide variety of white, red, and sparkling wines that are imported to the U.S. They are especially well-known for their Pinot Grigio.
Explore wineries in the Cappadocia region of Turkey that you've never heard of before. One might just be your new favorite.
People are familiar with Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley wineries in California, but there are plenty of other places to find winning wines. Check out wines from several states across the U.S., including:
- Arkansas - Chateau aux Arc in Altus, Arkansas, offers a variety of award-winning Chardonnays for southern wine lovers.
- Missouri - Learn about 17 Missouri wineries and vineyards in each of the seven regions that produce wines.
- New Jersey - Visit Renault Winery in Eagle Harbor City and see how it's transformed over the years.
- Oregon - You'll find over 40 Oregon wineries in California's northern neighbor.
- Virginia - People say "Virginia is for lovers" but it's possible they meant lovers of wine, because Virgina wineries number nearly 100.
Information About Wineries and Vineyards
Whether you're looking for tasting reviews, a place to taste wine and view art together, or want find out the storied history of a particular winery, LoveToKnow Wineries Around the World has the information you seek. There is plenty to learn about the wineries and vineyards behind the drink you love.